The ECO DESIGN Octagonal Yurt building is
produced as a kit of A3 Plans and Specifications.
The Yurt plans, when you receive them, still require your input to complete them,
to design your own floor plan (including the number of annexes you wish to employ) and for the placement of doors and windows.
You will also need to employ the services of a structural engineer to detail
the specific structural requirements for the foundation, wind load and bracing details for your building site.
The Plans include the following -
- Foundation Plan - Concrete Slab and Post/Pole Construction
- Floor Framing Plan - for Timber Floor Construction.
- Floor Plan - for you to edit and complete.
- Wall Bracing Plan - to be completed by your structural engineer
- Mezzanine and Second Floor Framing Plans - for 2 Storey Yurts only.
- Roof Framing Plan
- Yurt Elevations x 4 - for you to add annexes, door and windows.
- Yurt Section
- Yurt Section Details - to be completed by your structural engineer
- Steel Framing Details
When you receive your set of plans you photocopy a set of working copies to edit by masking areas
you don't want and drawing in features that you do ie doors and windows etc.
Put the originals away in case you need to make further copies for your own use.
If you don't want to edit your own drawing ECO Design can do the drafting for you. Check with
us on the applicable drafting fees. You will still need a local structural engineer to specify details
pertaining to your building site.